Life Experience Credit
College Credit for Experiential Learning
At Primus you bring your knowledge to College
Primus University of Theology is a revolutionary revival of the Biblical style of teaching and is a classic model of the original Ecclesiastical Open University System. Primus recognize that biblical knowledge is worthy of credit and acknowledgement, and that honor and recognition should be awarded to those who learn through revelation and independent study.
We are committed to responding to the need for lifelong learning opportunities by providing a full range of educational services adapted to the needs of ministers, business and church leaders. To accomplish this goal, the University recognizes transfer credits and awards credit for documented experiential learning, which is defined as college-level learning that takes place outside a college or university setting. Learning acquired through the following kinds of activities might qualify:
- Non-credit courses, Bible Study classes
- Workshops and internet courses
- Self-taught knowledge or skills/independent study
- Career/work experiences/training
- Volunteer work or community services
- Travel, mission trips and activity
- Avocations, e.g., art, music, dramatics
- Leadership roles in church, associations, politics and organizations
- Personal life experiences
- Hobbies, including extensive Christian reading
- Published articles, newsletters, books and other written works
- Development of classes and teaching materials
- Being fluent in a second or third Language
Through the development of your unique MAP – PAC© [Ministry Advancement Portfolio] you can earn lifelong learning credits for provable evidence of learning.
Unlike other Universities, we believe:
John 4:20-24 20 Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you say that in Jerusalem is the place where it is necessary to worship.” 21 Jesus said to her, “Believe me, woman, that an hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father… 23 But an hour is coming—and now is —when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for indeed the Father seeks such people to be his worshipers. 24 God is spirit, and the ones who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
Students may request credit for experiential learning by using the MAP – PAC© Process used for quantifying and granting college level credits.