Our Beliefs at Primus University of Theology
Statement of Faith We Believe
Download Our Statement of Faith (PDF)
- The Scriptures of the Old and New Testament, the Bible, to be the inspired, inerrant, the only, infallible, authoritative Word of God. 2 Timothy 3:16: All Scripture is inspired by God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. Jesus Christ, to be the only authoritative and inspired Word of God. John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- There is only one true and living God, eternally existent and manifesting Himself in the three persons of the Trinity: God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ) and God the Holy Spirit. Isaiah 44:6: Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God.
- The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity; He convicts of sin, righteousness and judgment, indwells, guides, teaches, empowers and enables believers to live godly lives; He imparts spiritual gifts and produces spiritual fruit. Matthew 28:19: Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
- God the Father is the Creator of the universe; He is omnipotent (all powerful), omniscient (all knowing), and omnipresent (everywhere), eternal, faithful and His essential essence is love. John 3:16: For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
- The resurrection of the saved and the lost. Those who are saved to the resurrection of life and those who are lost to the resurrection of condemnation and eternal separation from God. Romans 10:9: That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 2 Thessalonians 1:9: They will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, being banished from the presence of the Lord and from His glorious majesty.
- Matthew 12:30: All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven unto men. The only unforgivable sin is permanently rejecting Christ, speaking against the Holy Spirit is equivalent to rejecting Christ. John 3:18: He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
- fter we have put our faith in Jesus Christ, the saved person’s eternity is secure. The believer is predestined, called, chosen, and sealed as a child of God to be an heir with Christ for glorification in heaven. The idea that believers can never have assurance of their salvation is something that is refuted over and over in the Bible. Romans 8:38-39: For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- That man was created in the image and likeness of God, he disobeyed God’s command and fell into sin, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All persons are born with a sinful nature and are also sinners by choice, are separated from God and can be saved only through the atoning work of The Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- We believe in the maleness and masculinity of God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Ephesians 4:6: One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all. Isaiah 42:5: Thus saith God the LORD, He that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: John 20:17: Jesus said to her, … I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.
- That the salvation of lost and sinful people is accomplished by grace alone through faith in Jesus Christ alone, by the regenerating power of the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 2:8-9: For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
- Marriage by God’s design is the union of one man and one woman. Genesis 1:27-28: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
- We believe, God reveals to us in His Word; that not only does life begin at conception, but He knows who we are even before then. Psalms 139:13-16: For You formed my innermost parts; You knit me [together] in my mother’s womb. 14 I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 15 My frame was not hidden from You, When I was being formed in secret, and intricately and skillfully formed 16 Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book, were all written the days that were appointed for me, when as yet there was not one of them [even taking shape].
- The unity of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 15:5-6: May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God; we believe in His deity, virgin birth, sinless life, miraculous power, vicarious atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension to the right hand of The Father, present ministry of intercession and His imminent, personal, visible return in power and glory.